We walked through a recent listing and shared our thoughts on what made this home a great value and sell quickly and for top dollar. Here’s a link where you can view this video and a few of our thoughts are below! https://www.facebook.com/odellrealty/videos/278554862813637/
- Good location. If your home is in a good location, you’ve overcome a lot of obstacles to selling your home right there.
- Keep your home in good shape.
- Take care of the yard for good curb appeal.
- Keep your home clean and keep up with small repairs.
- Pay attention to your home’s entry! Clean the door and put out a new welcome mat.
- Freshen up your kitchen.
- Paint the cabinets.
- New backsplash
- Should you replace your counters definitely do a solid surface. Ask us about what’s in now!
- Undermount sink
- Stainless Steel appliances are a plus.
- If you replace your refrigerator, be sure to get a counter-depth one.
- If you love a house the way it looks in the Winter, you’re really going to love it in the Spring and Summer.
- Paint! The trend over the past couple years has been a neutral gray – we often recommend Repose Gray. We’ve seen things shift to more white… we recommended Origami White for this kitchen and love how it turned out looking so fresh and clean!
There’s a fine balance between spending too much money to prepare your home to sell and not doing enough. We love talking through these things with sellers, even if it’s a couple years before you plan to sell… that way you can enjoy the changes too! Reach out to us with any questions or if you’d like to meet up to talk about your home.